Homework Question Assignment 9
For homework question assignments, you
respond to targeted homework questions based on articles,
videos and/or research that
relate to learning goals 1-6 in the syllabus.
These are low stakes assignments designed to help you engage with
the material. I will mark whether you attempted the questions and a good
faith effort is all I ask
for at this point. These may be informally hand written, typed or spoken
expositions such as bullet points.
They are due at the beginning of class before our class
discussion, so you may want a second copy, for example by taking a picture
of your work. There is no late work
accepted, but the lowest two homework question assignments can be dropped.
- Have you ever played a MUD (originally Multi-User Dungeon) or
more recently a massively multiplayer online game (MMOG)?
- How does performativity come into play in the article?
- What is one of the ways that the article discusses the social construction of gender?
- What is one of the ways that the article discusses power structures or power differences?
- Which fandom interview most interested you?
- Are there any aspects you disagreed with or had a question on?
- Research race and/or gender, nonbinary, genderqueer, or similar in video games on
[for example, genderqueer video games]
select: "since 2012"
and write down a title you are interested in.
"Rust is a popular first-person survival video game where you start out completely naked, left to a barren environment to build yourself tools, weapons, and a home as other players try to do the same - and potentially try to kill you and steal your stuff."