Dr. Sarah's Checklist for Math 3130 Writing Projects
Based on a checklist by Annalisa Crannell at Franklin & Marshall
This list will be used to grade your assignment, and will be
returned to you with comments.
Save your paper on a disk for your own reference or for revisions.
Please feel free to use this checklist as a guide for yourself while
Does this paper:
- clearly (re)state the problem to be
- provide a paragraph
which explains how the problem(s) will be approached?
- state the
answer(s) in a few complete sentences which stand on their own?
- give a precise and well-organized explanation of how the answer was
summarize diagrams, tables,
graphs, or other visual representations of the math?
- define all variables, terminology, and notation used?
- clearly state the assumptions which underlie
and explain how each formula is derived, or where it can be found?
- give acknowledgment where it is due?
- use correct spelling, grammar, and punctuation?
- contain correct mathematics?
- solve all of the questions that were originally asked?
- give evidence of creative exploration of the problem(s)?
- give evidence of deep exploration of the problem(s)?