Women in Mathematics Badge Steps
We designed the badge at the officially recognized
make your own badge site.
- Learn about a woman who was not afraid to be a first in the field of
- Reflect on experiences in mathematics
- Learn about the Association for Women in Mathematics (AWM)
- Learn about careers in mathematics
- Share what you know
Preliminary Badge Work
If possible, we would like for the girls to spend a few minutes researching Sonia Kovalevsky. Please note that because her name is Russian, there are many different spellings of it.
The questions are on
They should bring this information with them. If they can't
complete these questions, we'll be happy to help them at the badge event!
Mathematicians Involved with Girl
We began in 106 and then moved to 105 for the pi-athlon
We and the girls wear nametags to help make connections
We write SK quotations and names of Girl Scout mathematicians
on the board to reinforce what they see in the talks
- What did you like about today?
- What was your least favorite thing about today?
- Would you tell a friend about this event?
Designed by Sarah Greenwald,
We are happy for you to use our badge steps and design in your program.