1) What is the answer to the following arithmetic operations?
b) (8/2) * 4
c) (1.0/5.0) * 3
Is there any difference between a and c?
2) Convert the following mathematical expressions to C++ expressions:
b) (2x + y)/3y
c) (2x - 3y)/(z -1)
3) Translate the following English statements to C++ expressions.
Assign 2.7 to variable a
c) Check to see if variable a is larger than 3.0
d) Check to see if a is larger than 3 OR it is 0.
e) Check to see if a is larger than or equal to 3 but less than 8
f) Check to see if a is not 5
g) Check to see if a is not larger than 9
4) Suppose age and ticket are both integer values, how do you state
the following: "if you are 12 years or older the ticket is $16, otherwise
the ticket is $8."
5) When the square root of b2 - 4ac is less than zero, how
do you display the message "square root of a negative value is not defined"?